Dear parents of MMS Instrumental Music students,
As we all know, the COVID-19 school closure led to the cancellation of pretty much all of our most important performances and events of the school year. Most disappointing for students was, unfortunately, the cancellation of our spring trips to Knott’s Berry Farm (intermediate classes) and Disneyland (advanced classes). Because of the cancellations, parents who donated to the MMS Instrumental Music program to help fund these trips are entitled to a refund of the per-student cost of their student’s planned trip.
Our finance clerk and I have received permission to start issuing refund checks as of June 10th. Depending on the number of refund requests, it may take us longer to process refunds, so please be patient with us as we can only be on campus intermittently. Please read the following terms for receiving a refund carefully:
Intermediate parents: The planned per-student cost of the trip was $100. If you donated at least $100, you are eligible for a refund of up to $100.
Advanced parents: The planned per-student cost of the trip was $150. If you donated at least $150, you are eligible for a refund of up to $150.
- If you donated less than the planned per-student cost of your student’s class trip, you are eligible for a refund up to the amount which you donated.
- You have the option to receive a partial refund and remit the rest of your donation as an in-kind gift to the MMS Instrumental Music program.
- If you’d like the MMS Instrumental Music program to keep the entirety of your donation as an in-kind gift, you may simply refrain from completing a refund request via the web form below with the immense gratitude from myself and the MMS administration! Your financial support means the world to us and our young musicians!
- If we do not receive your refund request via the web form below by 11:59 PM on June 30, 2020, we will assume that the MMS Instrumental Music program may keep the entirety of your donation as an in-kind gift.
- Refunds may only be returned to you in the form of a paper check sent via US mail.
- No cash, electronic, or online refunds can be made at this time.
- Parents of multiple students in the MMS Instrumental Music program must fill out one refund request form per student.
- If you submit a refund request, you are agreeing to the terms stated above in this blog post.
Please fill out this web form to request a refund for your student’s cancelled class trip.
If you have any questions about these refunds, please email Mr. Brown. Again, if you choose to remit all or part of your donation to the MMS Instrumental Music program, please accept my many thanks for your financial support!
Director of Instrumental Music
Thurgood Marshall Middle School