All online orchestra students who checked out any instruments, supplies, and/or materials from Mr. Brown at the beginning of Quarter 2 and/or Quarter 4 must return them on Monday, June 14, 2021 between 1:30 and 3:00 PM. School-owned instruments must be “prepared for vacation” prior to being returned. This document is also available to students in the “Resources and Materials” section of Google Classroom. Most supplies/materials must be returned, but some should not be returned. Please click here for guidelines on supplies/materials that should and should not be returned.
ORCHESTRA INSTRUMENT & SUPPLY RETURN PROCEDURES:
- MMS Instrumental Music Mini-Camp participants can keep instruments and rosin (if student received any from Mr. Brown), but must return all other books and supplies
- Orchestra instrument/material return is taking place on Monday, June 14, 2021 between 1:30 and 3:00 PM
- If you or anyone in your household are showing symptoms of illness in the days leading up to the instrument/material return on June 14th, DO NOT attend the instrument/material return
- Should this happen to you, contact Mr. Brown to establish communication for an appropriate date and time for the return of the instrument/supplies
- DO NOT drive to the main entrance of the school, but turn right at Novak Way, go past the student drop-off zone, and proceed all the way up to the top of the hill where you will see signage instructing you to U-turn
- If a line forms, please stay in your vehicle as you wait for your turn
- Mr. Brown needs to ask questions about the instruments/materials being turned in, so please have the student exit the vehicle to facilitate the return
- Anyone exiting their vehicle MUST wear a face covering
- The person returning the instruments/materials must do the following:
- Lift the instrument in its case onto the return table
- Open the case(s) for Mr. Brown to examine the instruments/supplies
- Answer Mr. Brown’s question(s) about the instruments/supplies
- Place all instruments/supplies/materials in their appropriate areas, containers, etc.
- If something comes up on Monday, June 14th that will prevent you from making it to the instrument/supply return window, please call or text message Mr. Brown at (619) 839-9490
- PLEASE NOTE: The phone number listed above is my Google Voice number, not my personal cell phone number, and I only use it for school functions when absolutely necessary. That phone number will only be active shortly before, during, and shortly after the instrument/supply return window. After the instrument/supply return, calls/texts made to that number will not be received. Your best method to contact me is always by email.