Almost two weeks ago, SDUSD announced the decision to start the school year in a full distance learning format until there are significant improvements in our area’s coronavirus numbers. Since then, there have been no other updates or announcements. However, district leadership, school administrators, and teachers across the district are communicating and brainstorming on how to best serve our students with the district announcement in mind, and no foreseeable end date for full distance learning at this time.
In order to guide my planning for the MMS Instrumental Music program, feedback from both parents and students on two alternative performance options that I have been thinking about would be most helpful. The survey is short, with only six prompts requiring a response, and an optional seventh prompt. Before you take the survey, please understand the following:
- There is absolutely NO guarantee that the district will permit us to enact either of the alternative performance options mentioned in the survey.
- Students: the hidden message here is to NOT get excited about these possible alternatives to traditional performances until I confirm one or both of them.
- Also, it’s entirely possible that neither of these options will be approved, or the restrictions placed on any approvals might be too impractical to implement
- The sooner you take the survey, the more you assist myself and MMS administration in planning for this upcoming school year.
- I will leave the survey up for awhile, but if you take it on or before Friday, July 31st, that is the timeframe in which your feedback will be the most helpful.
- You will be asked to enter an email address and state your name, however, the results of the survey are totally anonymous.
- By asking for your name and email address, I am protecting the integrity of the survey results.
- With the open-ended and optional seventh prompt, if your entry requires a response, I will be able to do so with your name and email address.
- You are NOT limited to one response per family.
- Each student enrolled in the MMS Instrumental Music program may take the survey once
- Each parent may take the survey once
- Yes, multiple parents may take the survey (not just one per student)
- No, your answers to the prompts do not need to be the same as the other parent’s
By taking the survey, you are acknowledging the above points regarding these potential alternative performance options. Now, without further ado, please click here to begin the survey. Thank you for your assistance!